About Your Speaker
Carolyn Markey has considerable experience and great interest in counselling children, young people, and their families and caregivers in relation to a broad range of problems affecting their lives. She has worked in a variety of therapeutic contexts including major non-government welfare organisations, supporting accommodation for young people, and has also used narrative ideas in tertiary and adult education settings. Carolyn also has experience in the areas of family separation, effects of violence and abuse, school-related difficulties, and working with people affected by concerns about anxiety and depression. Carolyn enjoys using narrative ideas in group settings where people come together to talk about similar issues they are facing. These have included groups in which people wish to talk about sole parenting, living with the effects of violence and abuse, or groups of men wanting to take responsibility for abusive actions. Carolyn also has considerable experience supervising other practitioners in narrative therapy as well.
A Course Brief
Carolyn Markey addresses the difficult areas of grief and loss with practical helps based on Narrative Therapy concepts. Highlights include:
1. Discussing traditional ideas of grief and loss including the conventional assumptions of Grief Psychology contrasted with the ideas that shape Narrative Practices in addressing grief
2. Looking at how death is an end to a life but not necessarily a relationship - and re-membering a person with material from Barbara Myerhoff
3. Categories of Enquiry and group work will also be used in practice groups
4. Addressing cultural messages about loss and death will be discussed and how they interact with persons experiencing grief
5. Delving into the use of re-membering conversational maps, the absent but implicit, definitional ceremonies with outsider-witness practices - all used and practiced within small groups
Important Payment Remarks
All cheques are made payable to 'The SEL Network LLP' Please note that payment needs to be made in full for all registrants for confirmation of seats - 2 weeks before course begins.
Paying Yourself: when registering please select "Bill Me Personally" only if you are NOT claiming from your organization and paying first.
Your Company is Paying: when registering and your organization is being billed, please include your finance/contact individual's phone number in the comments field so we can clarify invoice details if needed.
You Need an E-Invoice: if you need to be e-invoiced, please include the sub-unit code, addressee and address of the organization as well. Thank you!
If you are a part-time or full-time student currently studying counselling or psychology online or mainstream, you can receive 50% off of the regular price of $900 ($450 Net)!
Our student discounts are generous, as we want you as a student to learn as broadly as possible and to make friends as you go along!
Please note: Although the website states the Village Hotel Katong as the meeting place - please disregard as currently this is an online ZOOM telecourse.
|Event Date||09-Nov-2020 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||10-Nov-2020 5:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||03-12-2018|
|Cut off date||09-11-2020|
|Location||Village Hotel Katong|